Mission and Goals
The mission of the PGSC is to enhance the well-being and success of graduate students by serving as a student representative body that provides organizational resource and support to Harvard physics graduate community.
Based on the mission statement above, the PGSC has set the following list of broad goals for the organization.
- Provides an efficient mechanism for identifying and solving problems of graduate student community.
- Provides resource and help to community members for projects that benefit the community at large.
- Provides input to departmental decision making processes as appropriate.
- Organize social events that foster community solidarity among students, staff, and faculty.
- Conduct surveys for various purposes including annual department-wide surveys.
- Promote the well-being and success of graduate students in general.