Circuit‐Making in 2,3, and 4 Dimensions
In the Wintersession class 'Circuit‐Making in 2,3, and 4 Dimensions,' students learned to make small soldered electronic circuits from copper-covered boards or copper film, either for their research or just for fun, using the Modela mill and the vinyl cutter. Here are some of the projects they created (clockwise from top left):
- Sound level detector: it turns on LED when sound is above a threshold (by Aditya Raguram).
- MBTA subway map with red, blue and orange LEDs at the ends of the appropriate lines (by Fiorella Vargas).
- "Broken Heart" that lights up when put together (by Ciara Adkins).
- Earring that lights up when worn (by Kim Bernard).
- "Simon": An electronic memory game (by John Holland).
Clockwise from top left: Aditya Raguram, Rob Hart (Instructor), Vincent Chow, Kim Bernard (Artist-in-Residence), Ciara Adkins, Fiorella Vargas, and John Holland.