Bert Haperin's 75th Birthday Celebration!February 6, 2017
On January 31, 2017, Harvard Department of Physics celebrated Prof. Bertrand Halperin's 75th birthday. Watch the talks:
- Jim Eisenstein (Caltech), "Spin-Dependent Tunneling in the Quantum Hall Regime"
- Nigel Cooper (Cambridge), "The Half-Filled Landau Level"
- Catherine Kallin (McMaster), "Chiral Superconductors"
- Chandra Varma (UC, Riverside), "From Halperin-Rice Excitonic Insulators to Loop-Currents in Cuprates"
- Yuval Oreg (Weizmann Institute), "Topological Phases in Superconducting Lattices"
- Pierre Hohenberg (NYU), "What Is Quantum Mechanics? A Minimal Formulation"
- Partha Mitra (Cold Spring Harbor), "The Study of Intelligent Machines"