Research Scholar Coordinator: Bonnie Currier Jefferson 364 | (617) 384-9357 | send email
Department of Physics Links
- FAS Division of Science
- The Faculty of Arts and Sciences’ Office of Postdoctoral Affairs at Harvard University serves all postdoctoral fellows in the FAS. Its mission is to serve as a resource for postdocs and to help build a sense of community among the postdoc population. Services provided by the Office include: career and professional development individual counseling; career and job search programs; and professional and skill development programs, such as grant writing skills, teaching effectively, public speaking skills, and management techniques.
- Postdoc Benefits
- Harvard International Office
- Information about Social Security Numbers
- Harvard Global Support Services (for scholars who will live and work abroad for Harvard)
- Travel Tools
- Form I-94: Electronic form on the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) website
- Minority Postdoc
- Harvard Campus Map
- Harvard Housing
- Office of the Controller (Tax Services)
- Harvard University Information Technology
- Desktop support
- FAS email support: firstname.lastname@example.org or 5-9000
- Download software from FAS
- Online Video Tutorials
Employment (Career Services, Benefits)
- Office of Career Services
- Career Opportunities for Physicists
HARVie: Harvard Information for Employees
- Harvard Benefits
- Information for Postdoctoral Fellows
- Family and Medical Leave
- Versatile PhD (preparation for non-academic careers).
The Faculty of Arts and Sciences Research Administration Services (RAS) group provides postdoctoral fellows with resources and tools to support their efforts to find and apply for internal and external funding. Below is a detailed list of resources and tools currently available to Harvard University postdocs who seek funding:
- Grant Administrators in their home department and in RAS that will support the preparation and submission of applications and answer questions about sponsors, policies, and other sponsored research issues.
- Access to funding opportunity databases including PIVOT and Foundation Directory Online (FDO), available at no charge to Harvard affiliates.
- Workshops that offer information on sponsors, securing fellowship funding, and proposal development strategies.
- Campus visits from major sponsors (past visits have included National Science Foundation, National Endowment for the Humanities, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science).
- Sample Proposal Library with award winning proposal narratives from Harvard post docs.
- Curated Funding Opportunity and Fellowship Lists
- Guidelines, Templates, and other Proposal Development Resources
FAS Research Administration Services
- FAS Funding Opportunity Databases
Office for Sponsored Programs
- Finding Funding (general information)
- Finding Funding Sources (pdf, Scholars Retreat 2020 Presentation)